Monday, July 30, 2012

Right now I'm with George Michael


Faith
[feyth] Show IPA
noun
1. confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.
2. belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.
3. belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion: the firm faith of the Pilgrims.
4. belief in anything, as a code of ethics, standards of merit, etc.: to be of the same faith with someone concerning honesty.
5. a system of religious belief: the Christian faith; the Jewish faith

OR George Michael's song. Here is a verse from FAITH (yet another of his "no really, I am straight" 80's songs. and an amazingly awesome Pandora station):
 Before this river
Becomes an ocean
Before you throw my heart back on the floor
Oh baby I reconsider
My foolish notion
Well I need someone to hold me
But I'll wait for something more

So for those of you who don't know me well. I don't practice a religion and my family didn't growing up, unless dysfunction is a religion (sorry Mom, love you:)). I don't study a "Faith" so according to dictionary(dot)com I could never have #3 or #5. And lets not start about the whole Religious thing now because frankly, its Monday, and I haven't had enough coffee. Hence my smug undertone. 

Now I didn't have the greatest weekend, and also it may be because I decided to get on the scale this morning and instead of it giving me a high five it laughed, but today, today I feel like I am loosing my Faith in my weight loss journey. I know I just have to beleive that if I keep moving forward and doing what I am suppose to do, the weight will come off. My body will become strong and toned. I will no longer depend on Ben or Jerry to help me feel better. I have got to have faith in myself, and today I don't.  This River has become and ocean but I'll wait for something more.... but today I just want a cheeseburger and a pint of Chocolate Therapy.



P.S. can someone tell me how to post a picture with your blog??

 








No comments:

Post a Comment