Monday, March 5, 2012

That Dude Wrote Some Deep Sh%@#T

"Your off to great places. Today is your day. Your mountain is waiting...
so get on you way!"

Dr. Suess.

So I wasn't going to blog today. I was going to quite. This morning as I got on the scale and thought "awesome, it didn't move, bla bla bla, you suck, why don't you just give up. Suddenly something in me just said OR DON"T. Holly shit now there is a revelation. Quitting is easy. Failure is an option. But you know what. My mountain is waiting. Right now I'm just chillin at the bottom, lookin up like I used to when we would go hiking every weekend when I lived in So Cal. But I LOVE to hike. Hiking is awesome, especially when you can do it with your best friend (I miss you!!!) So guess what, I'm gunna hike bitches! The dead guy was right... my ass just needs to get on my way. PERIOD.


Random other crap: My sister kicks serious ass and ran the Napa Valley Marathon yesterday. I will only admit this here because no one reads this shit anyway, I cried while driving to the first stop. I was so proud of her and all the people who trained and said "I know, my crazy ass is going to run 26 miles!" and they actually did it. Also, nothing makes you feel more motivated and yet like a tub of lard watching people double your age with 2% body fat run by you. (three times, I hit mile 8, 16 and the finish line)

Happy Monday, gotta go put on my hiking shoes bitches....

1 comment:

  1. Funny! I'm with you! This is supposed to be encouragement, so be encouraged, and remember Ice Cream is the devils bait.

    ReplyDelete